Who We AreWe are Landmark, one of the state’s largest locally-owned CPA firms. If you are looking for more than just another job, consider us. Our associates are family, and they’re our greatest competitive advantage. Our long-standing reputation for excellence is because of the talent, integrity and professionalism of our associates. Not only do we search for people with technical expertise and an innovative spirit, we look for those who are real, friendly, approachable and who possess great communication and people skills. Does that sound like you?
What We NeedAs a staff accountant, you’ll work with a skilled team of professionals as we provide valued, quality services to our clients, exceeding their expectations. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with clients and members as well as performing accounting, auditing and tax preparation duties.
What You'll DoYou’ll be responsible for:
- Becoming familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Progressing professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam as soon as possible
- Understanding professional standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements; becoming familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, GAO and GASB
- Having a command of GAAP, OCBOA, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations; obtaining a thorough understanding of auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Assuming responsibility for unaudited financial statement engagements or segments of audits under the supervision of more experienced staff, including preparation of financial statements; assisting with physical inventory observations as assigned
- Preparing business and individual income tax returns, including new or updating existing depreciation schedules with asset additions and disposal; utilizing software to generate projected taxable income
What We'd Love
- Do you demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills?
- Do you have the ability to work independently as well as in a team?
- Do you have excellent organizational and time management skills?
- Are you professional, upbeat, enthusiastic, dependable and honest?
- Are you looking for a place to advance your career?