What We Need
As a payroll specialist, you’ll work with a skilled team of professionals as we provide valued, quality services to our clients, exceeding their expectations. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with clients and members as well as performing the day-to-day administration of payroll, payroll reporting and ensuring compliance.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for:
- Day-to-day administration of payroll
- Preparing payroll reports, reconciliations, variation analysis and related journal entries
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local tax and wage and hour laws, regulations, or guidelines, including child support and garnishment requirements.
- Assisting with research relating to payroll compliance rules and regulations including federal and state/ local compliance rules
- Researching and resolving concerns regarding payroll related questions/issues
- Reviewing/reconciling year-end management reports and verifying accuracy of employee taxes
- Serving as point of contact during audits for payroll related information
- Compiling payroll data such as hours worked, attendance, mileage, and other reimbursements from timesheets and other records
- Maintaining payroll records by tracking changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and department/division transfers
- Handling reconciliation of employee deductions and other relevant liabilities, including reconciling 401(k) deposits
- Processing terminations including final checks, vacation payouts, and severance pay
- Processing salary increases, address changes, position changes, and any other related changes to an employee’s records.
What We’d Love
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in administrating the payroll function and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad knowledge of payroll principles, practices, processes, and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws
- Significant experience implementing, using, and administering payroll systems
- Experience with payroll-related compliance and reporting requirements
- Ability to understand and keep abreast of payroll tax laws
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new software programs/systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, be detailed oriented, and shift priorities effectively
- Exhibit highest degree of professionalism and sensitivity with all personal and confidential information