Education & Certifications
- Oklahoma State University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting (1993)
- Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Arkansas, Oklahoma
- Securities Licenses, Series 7 and 66
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (ARCPA)
- Western Arkansas Chapter member
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
Community Involvement & Awards
- United Way of Fort Smith — Past Treasurer and Past Board Member
- Community Impact Panel Member
- Abilities Unlimited Board Member
- AY Power Player - 2018
The Fun Stuff
- Although she hates cold weather, you’ll often find her snow skiing in Colorado.
- She lives on a ranch and has a goat named Bob.
- She’s been married to her best friend for more than 30 years.
- She’s an avid reader and grammar geek.
Find your CPA fit:
Barbara's Featured Insights
Which Assets Cannot be Depreciated?
What is asset depreciation? Major business purchases, like machinery, are considered large assets. Depreciation is both an accounting and tax calculation method. From an accounting perspective, rather than deducting the entire cost of the purchase of a major asset in one year, you allocate the purchase price over the span of the asset’s lifetime. From