Education & Certifications
- Arkansas Tech University – Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1996)
- Honors Graduate, Summa Cum Laude
- Leadership Fort Smith Class of 2007
- Certified Public Accountant – Arkansas, Oklahoma
- Securities Licenses, Series 7 and 66
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (ARCPA)
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- National Association of State Boards of Public Accountancy
Awards & Honors
- 2012 NWA Business Journal 40 under 40
- Arkansas Tech University Foundation Board
- City of Fort Smith Audit and Advisory Committee
- Arkansas Society of CPAs' Board of Directors - Vice Chair
- Previous appointed member of the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy
The Fun Stuff
- If you’re at a Razorbacks game, look for Deana. She attends almost every home game.
- She enjoys playing basketball with her son.
- She has completed the Bataan Death March, a 26.2 mile memorial march through the desert of New Mexico honoring the service members who defended the Philippine Islands during World War II.
Find your CPA fit:
Deana's Featured Insights
Which Assets Cannot be Depreciated?
What is asset depreciation? Major business purchases, like machinery, are considered large assets. Depreciation is both an accounting and tax calculation method. From an accounting perspective, rather than deducting the entire cost of the purchase of a major asset in one year, you allocate the purchase price over the span of the asset’s lifetime. From