Education & Certifications
- University of Arkansas – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (1983)
- Certified Public Accountant – Arkansas
- Securities Licenses, Series 7 and 66
- AICPA Certificate of Educational Achievement Not-for-Profit Certificate II
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) — Not-for-Profit Section Member
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (ARCPA)
- Rogers Rotary Member
The Fun Stuff
- If John weren’t an accountant, he’d be a fly-fishing guide.
- His favorite place to visit is Yellowstone National Park.
- His favorite TV show is “Alone” on the History Channel.
Find your CPA fit:
John's Featured Insights
Which Assets Cannot be Depreciated?
What is asset depreciation? Major business purchases, like machinery, are considered large assets. Depreciation is both an accounting and tax calculation method. From an accounting perspective, rather than deducting the entire cost of the purchase of a major asset in one year, you allocate the purchase price over the span of the asset’s lifetime. From